The old farmhouse dates back to 1610. The discovery of original, signed and dated rooftiles testifies to this, as do numerous other features around the house. The building would probably have served as a papal customs office for the Duchy of Castro: the 40 metre long cellar that was dug into the tuff is not likely to have been for single family use. Two hundred years later Luciano Bonaparte, Prince of Camino and Musignano, arrived and acquired vast swathes of land, taking up residence in this farmhouse. At the time, the large cellar was used for the storage of local wines. Bonaparte left his marks: the remnants of a lilac hedge that once surrounded the entire farmhouse, a coat of arms on the main door and on the entrance gate, an inscription in French on the farmhouse well signed off by “N” - most probably Napoleon recording a visit to Luciano in the 1800s.